Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position provides technical expertise to support the design, implementation and continuous improvement of chain and auger manufacturing processes for our Fulton, Illinois site. This includes technical direction, analysis, and project management support for the implementation of advanced manufacturing technologies and quality initiatives at our chain and auger plant. This position will focus on developing and / or modifying the plant production processes, designing tooling and gauging and advancing our manufacturing through new technology and equipment.
Essential Job Duties:
- CAPITAL PROJECTS - assists with implementation for Timken's business growth initiatives and technology upgrades to existing equipment and delivery of total cost-competitive processes. This includes: project support, process design/documentation, asset acceptance/startup/training and creation/tracking of appropriation requisitions (ARs).
- Develop and implement new engineering standards, new technology and new uses of existing technology.
- PRODUCT/PROCESS RATIONALIZATION - contributes analysis to support product/process rationalization efforts by performing manufacturing process benchmarking analyses and manufacturing cost comparisons in the plant. Also, design and implement process improvements including tooling, equipment, and methods that are safe, efficient, and ergonomically sound.
- Design and develop tooling and gauging required for product manufacturing.
- STANDARDS/PROCEDURES - adheres to and develops plant standards, technical instructions and procedures in order to ensure that all process activities are in alignment with corporate requirements and quality standards.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - utilizes appropriate tools/methodologies to plan resources and ensure timely completion.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - provides technical support for manufacturing CI projects to increase throughput, improve quality/process capability, reduce costs, enhance safety, etc.
- Participate in process improvement projects to minimize manufacturing costs and increase efficiency, ergonomics, or capacity.
Technical/Functional Skills Required:
- Project management skills
- Mechanical troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, verbal, written and presentation.
- Ability to make fact-based recommendations for technical applications
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Desire to work in a manufacturing facility
- Solid modeling (CAD) software skills for designing tooling and equipment
- Broad Familiarity with manufacturing processes including Stamping, Forming, Heat Treat, Welding, Fabrication, Machining, and Assembly.
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma principles or other Continuous Improvement programs.
- Knowledge of Quality Management Systems such as ISO-9001.
Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing or Agricultural Engineering. Minimum of 3 years of Manufacturing Engineering or related experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.