Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Wazee Crane, a division of Timken Motor and Crane has an opening for a Crane Fabricator/Welder at the Broomfield, CO site. The Crane Fabricator/Welder is responsible for welding, fabrication, and assembling of overhead bridge cranes. This position reports into the Manufacturing Supervisor.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- AWS (D.1.1, D14.1 a plus) certified in MIG/FCAW and SMAW/stick, all positions; TIG aluminum a plus.
- Able to work in a shop environment using overhead cranes, and various shop tools consistent with steel fabrication (shear, saws, punches, drill press, etc.).
- Able to read and understand blueprints with dimensions and tolerancing.
- Albe to lay out, cut, fit, and weld with minimal supervision.
- Able to work safely around moving machinery.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
Overtime/weekends are sometimes required.
Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Strong mechanical skills
- Basic math skills
- Able and willing to follow direction and work independently
- Maintains a positive attitude, is a team player, and works well with others in a shop environment
- Has good set of basic tools as required for welder/fitter position
- High school degree, required
- Associate degree or trade school certificate in welding, preferred
- 2 years' work experience with similar types of equipment in a manufacturing environment, preferred.
Essential Functions/Work Environment:
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use both hands, fingers, and arms to handle, feel, and/or reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk, and hear at conversation level.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to: work near moving mechanical parts, work in high, precarious places, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather), extreme cold and extreme heat (non-weather and outdoor weather) conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment usually ranges from moderate to loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to operate powered equipment and wear protective equipment such as hearing, vision, and safety shoes.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The hourly compensation for this role is $20-$27 per hour, and is commensurate on experience and education, and could pay more or less than the posted range. This full-time position is eligible to participate in the company's short-term incentive program, paid time off plan, 401k, and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision. Qualified candidates can apply for this position by clicking on the link located in the job posting at www.careers.timken.com.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.