Responsible as a primary source for either application or lien processing for the department. Review and assess applications for credit approval as well as establishment of credit lines for large construction/renovation jobs. Process liens to include filing mechanics liens and construction related documents (i.e. preliminary notices). Serve as a backup for other administrative duties within the credit team.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Performs all phases of credit application processing within established standards. Conducts credit checks as requested for applications and pending orders (bureau reports, fax and verbal).
- Reviews and approves or declines credit applications that fall within standards as established by the business. Extends credit as appropriate using scope of authority and thorough account analysis.
- Reviews and takes action on pending orders to include notation, contacting customer, obtaining authorizations, releases, voids, etc.
- Performs all phases of mechanics lien and release processing within established guidelines to include but not limited to; researching account information to validate and perform lien/release processing, file creation, document/fee and check processing.
- Utilizes systems to reconcile accounts including performing adjustments, processing bad debt and customer concessions, processing discrepancies, refunds and incoming mail.
- Provides monthly reporting on credit processing performance.
- Processes preliminary notices, mechanics liens and ownership inquiries.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.