Manages inventory control functions to meet financial and business objectives. Leads an integrated planning and execution team to improve fill rate, forecasts, lead times, on-time deliveries, and customer service levels.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Manages and oversees an inventory control team; including fulfillment, replenishment, inventory transfer activity, aged inventory reduction, and inventory turns.
- Leads efforts to identify and prioritize root causes of excess inventory.
- Drives corrective actions and control mechanisms across cross-functional teams.
- Builds and maintains partnerships with various departments to align inventory system controls with business objectives.
- Collaborates and strengthens relationships with vendors to improve inbound performance.
- Provides guidance, coaching, and feedback to inventory analysts and delivers opportunities for career growth and development.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally, 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.