- Lead Position
- 2nd Shift
- Weekends Off
Perform general warehouse operations and support management by acting as first line of assistance for associates. Dependent on volume/size of the facility, may have specialized tasks or have a generalized role working in all departments. This position may require operation of a Company Vehicle or a Personal Vehicle and such operation may be done consistently more than 20% of the average work week. If selected for this position, HD Supply may run a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report. If this position requires operation of a Company Vehicle, an acceptable MVR report is a requirement.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Coaches and trains lower level warehouse associates on the proper execution of warehouse duties, ensures policies and procedures are followed.
- Exhibits detailed knowledge of all warehouse roles and is qualified in all aspects of warehouse operations.
- Safely operates forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks such as loading, unloading, sorting, picking, stocking, staging, and transportation of goods, operate pallet jacks, or other machinery in order to complete tasks such as unloading, sorting, staging and transporting products.
- Verifies and enters data into the system.
- Maintains condition of work area.
- Stocks product in designated location or locates to pull correct quantities to fulfill customer orders and meet productivity and accuracy goals.
- May also complete tasks such as receiving, returns, inventory, order layout, data entry, and load trucks considering cubic weight, size and characteristics of load.
Nature and Scope
- May modify processes to resolve situations.
- Under limited supervision, relies on experience and exercises independent judgment to determine best approach to achieve desired outcomes. Course of action is often determined by interpreting procedures and policies. Work typically involves periodic review of output by supervisor or direct "customers" of the process
- Is sought out and/or assigned to provide general guidance/direction, training, and technical assistance to junior level support personnel. Contributes to employees professional development but does not have hiring/firing authority.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements including, but not limited to, using a 10-key or calculator, bending or squatting.
- Typically in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noise, and fumes, which may cause noticeable discomfort.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or Associates degree may be required in some areas. Generally 5 to 7 years of experience in related area of responsibility.