Lovejoy, a business in the Timken family of brands, is hiring CNC Operators.
Plans and performs a variety of machine operations utilizing numerical control machining centers to cut, shape, or form metal work pieces to specifications.
- Interprets complicated drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done.
- Performs diversified operations on numerical control machining centers.
- Performs a variety of milling, drilling, boring, or related operations to close and interrelated tolerances.
- Reviews setup sheet and specifications to determine machining sequence and dimensions of finished work piece.
- Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures work piece in fixture according to setup instructions.
- Selects and installs cutting tools in machine spindle or magazine.
- Loads programs in machine control console or enters commands to retrieve preprogrammed machine instructions from database.
- Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
- Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Changes cutting tools and location of work piece during machining process as specified in setup instructions.
- Performs a variety of inspection and gauging operations to insure maintenance of quality standards and specifications.
- Measures work piece for conformance to specifications.
- Notifies supervisor of discrepancies.
- Utilizes override control to correct conditions that are out of tolerance or operating unusually.
- Adjusts machine feed and speed and changes cutters to machine parts according to specifications when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- Machines materials other than metal, such as composites, plastic, and rubber.
- Cleans machine, tooling and parts.
- Performs machine maintenance.
Required Skills and Experience:
- A minimum of 3 years of manufacturing experience in a shop environment, including machining set-up, tooling design, and machine operation; preferred.
- Strong knowledge of tooling, inspection, and fixturing preferred.
- Ability to use and/or setup varous measruing devises and gages.
- Must have the ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, or oral form.
- Must have mathematical skills with the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings/blueprints.
- Practice and emphasize values and a culture that place the highest standards on workplace safety, housekeeping, and quality of workmanship.
- Develop relationships with peer groups that foster teamwork and unity of purpose.
- Applicant must be able to walk, stand, climb, lift up and/or move up to 50 pounds, see, hear and use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- High School Graduate or Equivalant.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.