Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: The Auger Cutter/Packer will set-up and operate machine to perform a normal range of finish forming operations using various sizes of coil steel. The associate will work from blueprints, operation sheets, or customer orders. Use adjustable and fixed measuring devices. Hand feed coil steel into roller stock guides. Check work frequently for quality of steel, pitch, I.D., O.D. and shaft dimensions; make adjustments and corrections as necessary or required.
Essential Job Duties:
- Cut and stock material, change roller arms, adjust pitch and cup arms for various sizes and angles of product; grind cones as necessary; operate forklift truck to load and unload coiled steel and finished material.
- Set-ups are exacting and occasionally somewhat difficult, requiring use of cones and rollers positioned to make correct pitch, shaft I.D., and O.D. dimensions. Tolerances are close and at times may be somewhat difficult to maintain.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment or defective material and refer unusual cases to supervisor.
- Maintain equipment and work area in proper manner.
- Must be knowledgeable in and practice all safety procedures.
- Responsible for quality: Accept training in blueprint reading, use of gauges and measuring tools common to manufacturing, along with related statistical process control principles and other quality control procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements: Some mechanical experience preferred.
Education and/or Experience: High School or GED required.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 70 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 70 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment: Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.