Supervise and coordinate payables activities to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures resulting in timely and accurate processing. Develop and track process metrics to identify proper resource allocation. Recommend changes to improve process efficiency and effectiveness. Motivate, mentor, and develop staff.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Supervises and coordinates work schedules, daily activities, and training for Accounts Payable associates to ensure quality output, timely payment of invoices, and compliance with company policies and practices.
- Monitors and maintains Accounts Payable based systems to ensure effectiveness of daily activities as well as compliance with company policies and standards.
- Prepares guidelines for proper coding of invoices to accounts, reconciling, and researching customer information and interpreting proper procedures for associates.
- Supervises and monitors teams onshore and offshore by analyzing/interpreting various reports and metrics, including cycle time, accuracy, and productivity.
- Performs root cause analysis and implements preventions.
- Identifies and develops process improvements to continuously increase accuracy/productivity and improve cycle time. Communicates process improvements to management.
- Ensures service level agreements (SLA) are met at month- and quarter-end close.
- Assists management in driving cost reduction by eliminating inefficiencies.
Nature and Scope
- Experience provides solutions.
- Ensures that work is performed consistently with company policies and procedures.
- Leads a group or team of support, craft, or lower level professional associates.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 5+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.