Repair products returned with defects and communicate with the customer and vendor.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Responsible for daily repairs and troubleshooting including, maintenance, design, and documentation.
- Contacts customer, vendors and internal department via phone, fax, or e-mail.
- Creates sales and purchase orders.
- Maintains accurate documentation on all repairs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Usually located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors causing moderate physical discomfort, such as dust, fumes, or odors.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- No travel required.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.