We're passionate about applying our expertise to engineer and manufacture applications that will perform in the most challenging environments. Every day, more than 20,000 associates around the world collaborate to deliver unique solutions and unparalleled value to our customers.
Aerospace Drive Systems, a division of Timken Power Systems, is currently seeking a Master Schedule to support operations for the Manchester, CT site.
To plan, organize, prioritize, continuously improve, and control activities required to accurately meet the Sales, Inventory, and Operations Plan (SIOP) requirements. This position will work to: 1) Provide short, mid, and long-range forecasting of capacity and attainment of operations plan. 2) Maintain stable and consistent production flow through all manufacturing operations. 3) Minimize inventories, manufacturing costs, setup frequency, and overall flow days. 4) Maximize output, efficiency, lot sizing accuracy, and overall asset utilization.
Facilitate plant business planning by receiving, analyzing, and communicating demand information. Position requires a solid working knowledge of the locations manufacturing operations and order planning systems to ensure smooth flow of orders through the plant. Position requires advanced analytical and problem-solving skills to proactively identify and address issues that may have a negative effect on the plants ability to meet customer delivery commitments and to meet cost management goals. Provides input and direction to the prioritization and allocation of production to various customers/demand sources. This position provides direction and guidance to the production/shop floor planning functions. Coordinate with Sales to review un-promised orders. Interface with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Purchasing for quotes and lead times for new product delivery. Must be fully trained and use the proper methods and work practices, i.e. Material Requirement Planning (MRP), Master Production Scheduling (MPS). Experience liaising between sales demand and plant production. Strong business acumen understanding how effective production scheduling achieves On-Time Delivery (OTD). Knowledge of ERP, including Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning (SIOP), master scheduling, and demand management.
- Communicate demand levels and product mix to create the Master Schedule, driving raw material purchases, balanced production flow, and on-time delivery to the customer.
- Advise the planning and scheduling functions of allocation and prioritization issues.
- Works closely with Materials and Manufacturing Management teams to control raw and WIP inventory levels to meet machine utilization and flow day requirements.
- Advise plant customer service function based on understanding of customer base and strategic customers Analysis.
- Interpret demand forecast monthly as an input to the plants Sales, Inventory, and Operations Planning process.
- Validate demand plans, create supply plans in an MPS/MRP environment, and evaluate and continuously improve the resulting outcomes.
- Interpret demand for new product introductions.
- Identifies, tracks, and analyzes schedule & business trends for plant resource management and planning purposes.
- Responsible for maintaining the locations capacity model and providing on-going status updates and analysis of plant loads versus capacity.
- Assist in the development of manufacturing strategies for plant level SIOP, plant customer service objectives, backlog/lead-time objectives, planning /demand time fences.
- Develop and document the demand factors and assumptions supporting the plant production plan.
- Analyze and interpret demand patterns, such as mix of service level, product type and market priorities.
- Continuously monitor/evaluate vendor availabilities and changing Lead Times.
- Responsible for providing Plant Management team with status updates and trend analysis on locations schedule/order book.
- Monitor plants performance to plan, providing detailed input to plant level SIOP preparation.
- Assist in the development of manufacturing strategies for planning/demand time fences, backlog/lead-time objectives, and SIOP.
- Miscellaneous weekly/monthly reports related to end item scheduling.
- Manage projects involving demand related issues
- Document the demand factors and assumptions supporting the plant production plan.
- In depth knowledge of manufacturing methods and techniques with respect to aerospace products
- MRP experience required, Epicor preferred
- Ability to work with Microsoft office products (outlook, word, excel, ppt)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels in an organization
- Solid time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities with available resources
- US Citizen
- A minimum of 3-5 years of manufacturing experience
- Associate Degree in related field required, Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2-3 years in Planning and Project Management required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs
- Inventory control, logistics, and purchasing skills preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.