- At least 5 years of experience using an advanced warehouse management system (WMS) (preferably SAP EWM)
- Minimum 2 end to end life cycle implementation/rollouts of a WMS system (preferably SAP EWM)
- System oriented operations expert with robust knowledge of warehouse processes in the wholesale and distribution industry
- Hands-on experience in setting up warehouses, establishing warehouse outbound, inbound, and physical inventory processes.
- Industrial engineering or other systems and process related degree preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
- Strong leadership skills
- Proven ability to drive positive change in an organization
- Previous experience leading a large scale transformational project in a warehouse setting
- Some technical Product Management experience desired
Job Summary Lead and develop strategy for supply chain systems and processes and for identifying, qualifying, and selecting vendors that provide these services. Assist in developing negotiation strategies, manage relationships. Ensure customer requirements are met and that projects progress as scheduled. Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities Develops and supports policies and procedures. Evaluates and recommends improved techniques for control of operations, quality, reliability and safety. Develops and supports strategies for negotiation with vendors. Develops and supports strategies for identifying, selecting, quantifying, and maintaining relationships with vendors. Leverages economies of scale to best meet the supply chain needs of the company in terms of cost, quality and vendor ability. Monitors and reports compliance to procedure, vendor contracts and strategy. Analyzes complex data to identify and validate sourcing opportunities. Monitors the effectiveness of internal controls of all inventories throughout the organization through observation, review and testing. Analyses pertinent data and reports on all deficiencies with recommendations to improve. Effectively communicates recommendations to other areas within Supply Chain and external departments. Nature and Scope Solutions require analysis and investigation. Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience. Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff. Work Environment Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable. Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles. Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time. Education and Experience Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.