- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline or equivalent work experience (8+ years of professional working experience).
- 5+ years of work experience as a Scrum Master.
- Understanding of Kanban principals
- Agile certifications preferred
- Advanced skills in Jira and Confluence, including workflows.
- Ability to effectively communicate with end user clients, IT executives, project managers, and development teams.
- Identifies key barriers/core problems and applies problem solving skills to deal creatively with complex situations.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex problems.
- Determines and develops an approach to solutions. Receives technical guidance only on unusual or complex problems or issues.
- May oversee the completion of projects and assignments, including planning, assigning, monitoring and reviewing progress and accuracy of work, evaluating results, etc.
Promotes and supports Scrum as defined in the Scrum Guide. Ensures project stakeholders understand Scrum theory, practices, rules, and values. Assists in the coordination and completion of Agile projects and oversees end-to-end project management activities.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Ensures project goals, scope, and product domain are understood by the Scrum team and project stakeholders.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos, and other Scrum-related activities for the delivery team.
- Finds techniques for effective product backlog management. Helps the Scrum team understand the need for clear and concise backlog items.
- Assists the development team in self-organization and cross-functionality for assigned projects. Helps the development team create high-value products and removes impediments to project progress. Facilitates Agile ceremonies and planning of releases.
- Supports the development team in organizational environments where Agile is not fully adopted or understood.
- Partners with various teams to resolve resource conflicts. Clarifies priorities and understands features and capabilities. Works closely with Agile product owners, solutions architects, and delivery teams.
- Facilitates Agile and Scrum events as requested or needed.
Nature and Scope
- Demonstrates skill in data analysis techniques by resolving missing/incomplete information and inconsistencies/anomalies in more complex research/data.
- Nature of work requires increasing independence; receives guidance only on unusual, complex problems or issues. Work review typically involves periodic review of output by a supervisor and/or direct customers of the process.
- May provide general guidance/direction to or train junior level support or professional personnel.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 2-5 years of experience in a related field OR MS/MA and generally 2-4 years of experience in a related field. Certification is required in some areas.