GEARED FOR EXCELLENCE
At Standard Machine we design and manufacture high-quality parts for critical industries including pulp and paper, mining, oil and gas, chemical processing plants, steel mills, marine applications, transportation, military, and aerospace.
Standard Machine offers the opportunity to develop unique skills in an environment that supports cross-training and personal development through diverse career paths. This includes financial support for tuition and wage top-up for employees pursuing trades apprenticeships.
We are seeking a Machinist Apprentice to operate the saw in our machine shop.
- Read and interpret basic blueprints.
- Operate horizontal saw to cut bar stock.
- Move material through Kanban stations based on job traveler.
- Assist machinists in loading and unloading parts from manufacturing machines.
- Operate of overhead crane and use forklift.
- Maintain equipment and ensure work area is clean and safe at all times.
- Perform basic preventative maintenance on saw equipment.
- Assure compliance with appropriate safety practices and procedures
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Assist with continuous improvement projects under the direction of the team leader.
- Complete autonomous maintenance of equipment as per daily check lists.
Our ideal candidate has 2+ years of experience and possesses the following education and competencies.
- Pre-employment certificate in machinist trade
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to operate a forklift and overhead crane
- Mechanical inclination
- Aptitude for working with tools, equipment, and metal
- Reliable track record at previous employment
Put your Career in GEAR today!
Working at Standard Machine, a Timken Brand, opens the door for opportunity, benefits, and security.
We offer a competitive salary to secure the brightest talent for our organization. This includes generous shift premiums, free PPE and uniforms, boot allowance, overtime bonus, and tool replacement. We also have a short-term incentive (BONUS) plan that pays based on individual and company performance.
Our comprehensive benefits package includes health, dental, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, AD&D, employee assistance program, on-site gym, RRSP with company matching, vehicle discount programs, and MORE.
We offer tuition assistance and wage top-up for apprentices pursuing their Journeyman ticket. Enhance your career with hand-on experience and access to over supplemental 4,000 courses online.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences, and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Applicants must provide proof of all relevant qualifications and be available to participate in a pre-employment testing procedure.
Only candidates who are permanent residents or citizens of Canada, residing in Canada, will be considered for this position.