Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Carolina Bearing Repair Service Center, a division of Timken Power Systems, is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to support operations for the Union, SC site.
This is a senior/advanced operative position responsible for providing advanced expertise in the area of maintenance. This position supports both production and quality by ensuring the efficient operation of all machinery and mechanical equipment throughout the plant. Responsibilities include performing routine and preventive maintenance throughout the building and property including (but not limited to) mechanical, hydraulics, welding, plumbing, and electrical. Associate must possess the ability to work as a team member in order to ensure that safety, production, and quality goals are met on time.
This is a Day shift, Monday-Thursday position with very little weekend work.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years of Industrial maintenance experience
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate and oversee outside contractors when needed to provide service at CSC.
- Ability to obtain quotes on spare parts and materials needed to support maintenance activities.
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate hand tools as well as manual machine shop equipment.
- Good communication skills to effectively communicate with management, associates and vendors - verbally and written.
- The use of a man lift, forklift and other industrial vehicles.
- Perform various preventive maintenance throughout the plant and oversee our PM program.
- Ability to work within our system to log and track reactive work orders and manage key spare parts.
- Responsible for troubleshooting equipment.
- Ability to read and follow blueprints.
- Ability to use various gauges (dial indicators, mics, calipers)
- Intermediate computer skills.
- Ability to manage and oversee small projects - CAPEX, machine runoffs, equipment moves, etc.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.