Responsible for assisting with counter sales and customer service.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Receives, researches, and answers customer questions regarding accounts, products, rates and services offered, via telephone or in person.
- Engages with both counter customers and phone customers to fully identify needs, respond to inquiries or questions, and offer timely solutions.
- Processes orders, quotes prices, enters orders into the system and provides order information to customers. Pull orders as required.
- Communicates product features, benefits, and warranty policy information to customers.
- Demonstrates knowledge of products and their applications (provides technical advice, troubleshoots, and helps resolve customers' problems).
- Upsells by identifying related products, add-on extensions and making customers aware of product promotions.
- Ensures merchandise displays are stocked and clean.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.