Opto-Mechanical Assembler-Entry Level
Entry level assembler to support the Free Space Isolator group in our Optics manufacturing division. Assemblers will be trained in handling and cleaning optics, basic optical principles and calculations. Applicants who enjoyed and excelled in laboratory classes or enjoy hands on work with small parts would be well suited for this job. Works well in a fast-paced team environment, takes pride in detailed-oriented work, handles production time pressures, and enjoys "hands-on" work. The candidate will primarily focus on manufacturing orders but may work with engineering on product and process development as needed
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning, handling and assembly of optical and opto-mechanical components
- Proper handling and packaging of critical and fragile optical components.
- Procedure enforcement, maintenance, and cleaning of manufacturing area
- Mixing and application of glue and epoxies neatly and in proper amounts
- Must be a detail oriented person.
- Must work well in a group atmosphere, and comply with high quality standards.
- Must maintain a safe and clean working environment; must comply with procedures, policies and regulations.
- Maintain excellent attendance to ensure position responsibilities are met.
- Entry level position
- High school diploma or equivalent
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Must have willingness and ability to quickly learn new processes/procedures.
- Must have a steady hand with excellent dexterity and eye-hand coordination to inspect, clean and assemble small high precision optics and metal parts using microscope
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to read and follow written assembly procedures.
- Must be able to use a microscope for a majority of the workday
- Ability to work independently or with a team in an efficient manner.
- Strong sense of ownership.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.