Your Career Begins at Timken
Purpose and Scope
This position is responsible for managing the financial operations of the legal entity and to provide accurate information to the CMT and Timken Corporate, including analysis, budgeting, forecasting and preparation of financial reports.
- Production of accurate, complete and timely financial information and maintenance of all necessary financial controls, systems and processes to ensure the efficient and effective management of all related companies' finances and ensure compliance with statutory requirements which includes:
- Provide strategic analysis as required to drive improved decision making
- Prepare monthly financial statements
- Prepare year-end working papers for external accountants
- Review Receiver General and Minister of Finance remittances
- Carries out any necessary internal/external audit reviews and monitor the financial effectiveness of systems and controls.
- Manage the accounting operations including the review of journal entries, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, inventory control and statutory reporting:
- Manage foreign exchange transactions
- Establish and monitor internal controls to ensure that accounting activities are in accordance with established legal regulatory and company policies and procedures.
- Work with operations to define, measure, analyze, improve and control current processes which impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency.
- Maintain Safeguards for Financial and Physical Assets
- Create and maintain a framework to provide accurate, complete and timely financial information for internal and external users ensuring SOX compliance.
- Develop and maintain all necessary training policies and procedures to ensure all entity associates are trained and developed to meet or exceed the SOX standards required.
- Provide to the CMT with a good understanding of the critical financial factors for operating a profitable, growing and highly complex manufacturing and engineering enterprise.
- Maintain and sustain a Lean Office environment.
- Control and Source all Monetary and Risk Elements of the Organization
- Provide on-target financial analysis to the CMT and WHQ.
- Compile financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles with proper application to manufacturing and general business transactions.
- Develop and control the annual operating budgets and cash flow projections for use by the CMT and other users. Coordinate the development of the annual operating plan.
- Insure timely tax compliance and plan business transactions to minimize the tax cost to the organization.
- Carry out all necessary actions to ensure that the company meets its financial and legal obligations.
- Maintain a dedicated, focused and capable staff to meet current and future needs
- Communicates clear directions, standards, and policies to all staff. Coach and empower supervisors to implement and enforce direction, standards, and policies.
- Coaches and develops staff to ensure superior results and empower them to achieve planned results according to established standards and policies.
- Optimizing allocation and efficient use of personnel resources including management, development, salary administration and ensuring current and future needs of the company are met.
- Fosters a culture of associate involvement, accountability, and results orientation. Sets clear directions and provides support to ensure outstanding results are achieved.
- Creates a positive, proactive, results oriented, mutually-supportive, fun working environment
- Leadership and development of a team of approximately three direct reports.
- Organizational awareness and leadership to influence and drive goals for company
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills including conflict resolution
- Critical thinking and analysis to drive data into information for decision making
- Strategic planning to understand complex activity and processes to meet desired business results
- Expertise in contract review and negotiation from both a technical and legal perspective
Major or Area of Study
Canadian Professional Accountant (CPA)
Previous Job Experience:
Combined minimum of 5 years post designation or a combined total of 10 years experience with progressive responsibility including the following:
- Advanced knowledge of information systems
- Intermediate level of SAP experience
- Implementation and adherence to SOX compliance in a similar business environment.
- Positive progressive leadership/supervision of a professional team focused on accountability
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.