Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Perform maintenance, troubleshooting and complete rebuilds of all types of furnaces and shot blast equipment in the Heat Treat Department:
- Maintain and rebuild oil pumps and heat exchangers associated with quenching systems in heat treat.
- Perform preventative and corrective maintenance on furnaces, quench oil systems; hoist and heat treat auxiliary equipment.
- Install and change the layout and setup of machines, hoist systems and mechanical equipment.
- Plan and perform a wide range of general building maintenance and construction operations following recognized methods and procedures.
- Keep the machine and equipment in efficient operating condition.
- Perform duties such as dismantling, moving crating and/or uncrating, and installing machines, conveyors, hoists and tracks and other equipment.
- Use various machine rigging equipment to aid in moving machines and equipment.
- Use wrenches, hammers, drills, power saws, and other miscellaneous hand and power tools in erecting, dismantling or crating machines, installing new or replacement parts or for general building maintenance and construction work.
- Must have basic knowledge of Arc, Mig, Tig welding, and brazing.
- Must be able to use a cutting torch efficiently.
- Use measuring devices such as squares, micrometers, calipers, levels and plumb bobs in erecting machine foundations, in installing the machines and equipment in correct position.
- Rig, move, install and repair large, complicated equipment requiring extreme accuracy to align properly.
- Work from prints and drawings and specifications furnished by equipment manufacturer or by the Engineering Department.
- Work as directed by maintenance supervision.
- Work in all areas of plant to perform mechanical work on machine tools, furnaces, plant auxiliary equipment and the general building.
- Perform fabrication including welding, metal working and pipe fitting.
- Associates Degree in Industrial Maintenance or other mechanical repair field, or equivalent military training, or equivalent of 2 years of work experience in millwright or associated field.
- Willingness to work any shift or department and perform mechanical maintenance on furnaces, carburizers, machine tools and other heat treating equipment.
- Ability to use shop math, read blueprints and drawings, and use precision measuring tools.
- Ability to perform fabrication of welded metal and pipe fitting.
- Requires heavy lifting, work in confined/enclosed spaces and awkward positions.
- Willing to work over-time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.