Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position directly manages all aspects of human resources for the Keene, New Hampshire plant. This HR leader role is a direct business partner who will advise, develop, and implement plans/actions in the areas of strategy, business improvement, change management and team effectiveness relative to business plan. This position will also be responsible for managing HR strategies and organizational development work relative to business plan. This includes activities such as union avoidance, right-sizing, due diligence, organizational development and integrations. The HR Manager will partner with managers to ensure the business is ethically, morally and legally making the right choices based upon our company's value system. Additionally, this position is the associate resource advocate; driving talent acquisition, development and retention as well as fair and consistent treatment.
- Lead the development and implementation of the HR strategy and ensure it is translated into practical and prioritized HR tactics.
- Provide on-going advice and support to business partners on all aspects of HR, ensuring that HR solutions are provided in the most appropriate and cost-effective way. Coach/mentor managers and supervisors on effective management, communication and associate engagement.
- Manage the Talent Management process, ensuring the development of talent and addressing performance issues. Assist managers with Succession Planning for key positions.
- Responsible for identifying talent needs and development gaps to provide effective training and development programs for associates. Work with functional managers to review and build management capability, ensuring development needs are captured and acted upon in order to produce high performing teams.
- Responsible for Talent Acquisition and staffing activities for all vacancies, right-sizing and leadership development to meet corporate recruiting goals.
- Champion company compensation and benefits strategies while advising the corporate function on local practices and changes in labor market in order to attract and retain top tier talent.
- Develop and manage Associate and Labor Relations strategies to support business objectives while ensuring full compliance to local regulations/internal Timken policies and procedures and maintaining a union free status.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Management or other related field with 10+ years of experience
- Master's degree in Human Resources, Business, Management or other related field with 7+ years of experience
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Team oriented
- Problem solving mindset
- Demonstrated leadership and change management
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.