Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Aerospace Drive Systems, a division of Timken Power Systems, is currently seeking an Industrial Engineer to support operations for the Manchester, CT site.
To provide Industrial Engineering support for all areas of manufacturing operations (engineering, purchasing, planning, operations). Independently evaluate, select and apply sound Industrial Engineering techniques, using judgement in making adaptations and modifications. Work to design, improve, install and maintain integrated systems of associates, materials and equipment to improve productivity and thus lower unit costs.
- Performs Industrial Engineering work such as develop new processes by using Industrial Engineering studies and work sampling to determine work loads, best methods, crew sizes, machine cycles and delay
- Audit operations and data collection/production history systems utilizing ERP/MRP data for accuracy
- Find inaccuracy's; analyze and prepare actions for corrective measures
- Implement corrective measures working with the operations, planning, purchasing, etc. teams
- Analyze operations using the appropriate tools to evaluate opportunities for capital projects, improved methods, and cost reductions throughout the business.
- After gathering data and analyzing it, present recommendation(s) to management
- Implement improvements to reduce manufacturing costs and/or improve product quality.
- Lead in the development of manufacturing methods by establishing reliable operating procedures, and equipment layouts.
- Provide daily problem solving assistance as requested to all areas of operations/manufacturing on a timely basis.
- Ensuring that proper feedback is given and corrective action is taken through routine follow-up activities to prevent problems from recurring and/or to ensure that implemented improvement or corrective action is sustained
- Work with all levels of the organization to ensure optimum design and manufacturing methods.
- In depth knowledge of manufacturing methods and techniques with respect to aerospace products
- Strong lean manufacturing knowledge; six sigma black belt desired
- MRP experience Epicor Preferred but Not Required
- Ability to work with Microsoft office products (outlook, word, excel, ppt)
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all levels in an organization
- Solid time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities with available resources
- A minimum of 7 years of manufacturing and industrial engineering experience
- US Citizen or green card holder
- Bachelor Degree in related field required
- Six sigma black belt preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.