Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
NDT Technician (Trainee) required for inspection of various bearing and other components in the Bearing Inspection Inc. overhaul process. Will train to obtain certification of NDT Inspector in MPI, FPI and ET to NAS 410 and BII-P-1035 as required for both the FAA and various customers. Certification requirements vary depending on methods but minimum of 40 hours formal training in each and 400 to 800 hours of documented experience.
- Learn to set up and operate Magnetic Particle, Penetrant and Eddy Current test machines to meet drawing and OEM requirements for NDT inspection of various components.
- In process and final MPI, FPI and ET testing of various components.
- Follow various technique sheets for each part class. Set-up and perform all system checks and tests. Complete new technique sheets for submittal to the Level III.
- Perform in process inspection of bearing components to determine acceptance. Check components for straightness, finish, curvature, profile and various other geometric requirements using a variety of measuring instruments and gauges. Perform receiving and in-process inspection on a variety of components and assemblies
- Hand in timely quality reports for all methods.
- Will interact with various levels of associates and may be assigned other duties as required.
- High School Diploma with 1+ year of experience and/or training in Non-Destructive Testing
- Familiar with testing codes and standards
- Experience or aptitude for reading gauges
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated computer aptitude
- Problem Solving
- Self-motivated team player
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.