Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose of this role:
- This purpose of the Business Readiness Lead position is to plan, lead and oversee project activities to ensure the successful delivery of Key Strategic IT projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints delivering business value as outlined.
- This person will have full oversight of the entire lifecycle of change management activities for businesses that are moving to new technologies or using new IT systems.
- The position is responsible for ensuring user readiness, minimizing business disruptions, and increasing adoption rates.
- Successful execution in this position will enable The Timken Company to focus on meeting business objectives and customer expectations, speeding the realization of the identified objectives of the business case for a given project.
Responsibilities for this role:
- Assume Organizational Change Management (OCM) Project Lead role on multiple key strategic project efforts including but not limited to Digital Customer, SAP ERP Implementations, Digital Workplace Systems to support the organizational goals and objectives from project planning and overall coordination and status reporting of all BR activities through to cutover and post go-live support.
- Creation and responsibility for management of the global business readiness plan for all assigned projects with OCM activities that may include global stakeholder analysis, change management strategy design, sponsor engagement and coaching, impact and readiness assessments, communications, training documentation development, Power User development, end user identification, role mapping and access management, end user training, OCM cutover planning, contributions to sustainability/support model development, and development/execution of OCM metrics.
- Coordinate with Business leadership and Project management to ensure collaboration and alignment of all project activities to drive a successful change management plan including monitoring/reporting on progress and risk/issue/deliverable tracking.
- Act as a champion for organization change management methods throughout the project team and organization to expand the knowledge and understanding of the discipline and importance of the function.
- Assume uPerform system owner role and provide administration, content authoring and support where needed to enable effective training activities throughout Timken.
Technical and Functional Skills:
- Excellent organization & time management skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills essential for key stakeholder interactions.
- Knowledge and experience with change management methodologies, approaches, and tools.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
- Good working knowledge and experience in industry standard project management methodologies and project life cycles
- Adherence to stringent deadlines and attention to details
- Expert teamwork and interpersonal skills, for success in both in-person and virtual team environments
- Global customer mindset
- Familiarity with SAP (preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Project Management, Communications, Business (or Management), Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 12-15 years of experience or;
- Master's degree in Project Management, Communications, Business (or Management), Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline with 10-12 years of experience.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.