|Your Career Begins at Timken |
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Do you have a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Agricultural Engineering? Timken Drives is looking for an Associate Manufacturing Engineer to work in our Engineering Department.
You'll fit right in if you have a few years of experience working in a manufacturing environment on processes/projects, creating standards, and implementation of continuous improvement projects! CAD experience is a must!
Position Summary: This position provides technical expertise to support the design, implementation and continuous improvement of chain and auger manufacturing processes for our Fulton, Illinois site. This includes technical direction, analysis, and project management support for the implementation of manufacturing technologies and quality initiatives at our chain and auger plant.
Essential Job Duties:
- CAPITAL PROJECTS - assists with implementation for Timken's business growth initiatives and technology upgrades to existing equipment and delivery of total cost-competitive processes. This includes: project support, process design/documentation, asset acceptance/startup/training and creation/tracking of appropriation requisitions (ARs).
- PRODUCT/PROCESS RATIONALIZATION - contributes analysis to support product/process rationalization efforts by performing manufacturing process benchmarking analyses and manufacturing cost comparisons in the plant.
- STANDARDS/PROCEDURES - adheres to and develops plant standards, technical instructions and procedures in order to ensure that all process activities are in alignment with corporate requirements and quality standards.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT - utilizes appropriate tools/methodologies to plan resources and ensure timely completion.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT - provides technical support for manufacturing CI projects to increase throughput, improve quality/process capability, reduce costs, enhance safety, etc.
Technical/Functional Skills Required:
- Project management skills
- Mechanical troubleshooting
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to make fact-based recommendations for technical applications
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams.
- Leadership potential that has been demonstrated in academic or extracurricular activities, or during other employment
- Achievement in non-academic pursuits such as clubs and organizations, special projects, military service, and prior work experience
- Ability to learn quickly--is flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrated effective communication skills
- Ability to relocate to Fulton, IL
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Agricultural Engineering
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.8 (3.0+ desired)
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.