Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: The Supply Chain Analyst is necessary to manage the relationships within the supply chain including cost, quality, delivery, and continuous improvement. The Supply Chain Analyst works closely with the planning and purchasing to ensure that all components are procured and produced efficiently and on time.
Essential Job Duties:
- Analyze Supply Chain for gaps and drive corrective action utilizing root cause problem solving. This include creating and updating standard processes for the Drives and Diamond team.
- Manages parameters in ERP system to optimize value stream. This includes planning master data, primary supplier, cost, lead time, and any special characteristics.
- Manage supplier relationships by communicating with suppliers on OTD, quality performance, corrective actions, and resolving financial impact.
- Quotes new purchased components using knowledge of current supply base and searching outside for new processes/capabilities.
- Supports analysis of inventory levels and movements through manufacturing, warehouse, and supplier facilities.
- Evaluates potential new suppliers in accordance with our documented processes. Makes visits to potential new suppliers, negotiates pricing, and submits all new supply documentation for approval.
- Microsoft Office - Excel, Access, Word, Outlook
- Negotiation skills
- ERP/ SAP experience
- Professional communication
- Technical knowledge of manufacturing processes
Education and/or Experience: Bachelors in Supply Chain, Business, Engineering, or other related. Minimum of two years' experience in Supply Chain required - 5 years preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: APICS certification preferred.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.