Responsible for the overall strategy and execution of facilities functions, as well as the planning and directing of activities and operations of supply chain development. Build partnerships with transportation and logistics teams to collectively develop and execute strategies within the supply chain network.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Develops, maintains and utilizes various tools to enable effective development, education and direction of the supply chain process.
- Develops effective communication and processes with the transportation and logistics teams.
- Evaluates suppliers on best value, including service and methods, to improve field productivity and price.
- Drives usage of cost models to validate commodity strategies and to understand significant cost drivers.
- Assists in translating complex system models (Llamasoft, Tableau) into executive-level presentations with analyses and data driven recommendations.
- Schedules and executes periodic evaluations to ensure vendors are adhering to pricing contracts and agreements.
- Ensures effective response time on delivery of materials to the job sites and monitors service delivery to ensure the agreed targets and standards are met.
- Provides leadership for supply chain projects both internal and external.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.