Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Schulz Electric, a Timken Motor & Crane Company, has a current opening for a Customer Service Analyst based out of East Haven, CT. The purpose of this position is to support all customer-related activities related to in-house orders as assigned.
- Factory liaison to customers for specific orders as assigned
- Support the Region sales team with timely completion of parts quotes, and provide relevant technical and other information as required
- Gather and record cost information from historical data, supplier quotes, and internal manufacturing resources for the accurate preparation of cost estimates and application of appropriate margins to quotes
- Ensure that customer commercial terms and conditions and PG quality and SOP requirements are followed and properly recorded in order entry information, and that the Service Center meets those requirements during order execution
- Generate order progress reports as requested by customer
- Assure timely response to all customer needs and requests
- Coordinate customer visits based on order requirements
- Perform necessary customer presentations during customer visits to facility as required
- Function in a teamwork atmosphere for all endeavors
- Ensure consistent cross regional pricing is applied to quotes using history
Technical/ Functional Skills:
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to analyze and interpret data
- Skilled in all basic MS Office products and working knowledge of ERP systems (preferably Epicor)
- Cognitive ability and inclination to solve problems and will recommend specific/ innovative changes to effect improved effencies
- Demonstrated ability to interact with customers, sales and management
- Applicant must have 4 years of customer service experience, 7 years preferred
- Bachelor's degree in a business related field from an accredited college or university required
- Excellent computer skills (proficient in Microsoft Office software)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.