Relocation candidates will be considered!
HD Supply, a Home Depot company, is seeking an experienced Distribution Center Manager to lead 2 facilities! The buildings are located in Farmington, Hills and Livonia, MI with a combined space of about 230K SF. You will coach and develop your team of Operations Managers, building a culture of servant leadership, remaining very hands-on with the entire associate team of about 120. You will focus on engagement, building a 'One Team' culture, reducing turnover and driving performance that delivers on our Stockholder, Customer and Associate promises.
- 7+ years of experience in a high volume distribution center or 150 SQ. FT. or larger.
- 5+ years in a management role, with 3+ direct reports and 50+ indirect.
- Exposure to Six Sigma or other process improvement methodologies.
- Strong history of driving culture and employee engagement while driving performance.
- Previous experience in fleet management is a plus.
- SAP/ERP or similar Warehouse Management Systems.
Perks of working for HD Supply includes:
- We're growing!
- Comprehensive benefits plan on first day (Medical, Dental, Vision).
- Generous Paid Time Off benefits.
- Advancement Opportunity with Fortune 500 company.
- Management Incentive Opportunities.
- Equity Eligible.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Direct all operations activities in a distribution center environment of approximately $70M or greater in revenue. Responsible for operational excellence and process improvement; ensuring customer expectations are exceeded; and talent acquisition, development, and retention of associates. Operates as a strategic partner with logistics and supply chain management in establishing and adhering to operating budgets.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides effective leadership of others to ensure efficient distribution operations and adherence to policy, procedure and process excellence. Ensure environmental health and safety excellence through compliance with all safety and Hazmat rules and regulations, legal regulations, and human resource policies.
- Responsible for talent management including selection, termination, performance review and professional development of direct reports.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels to meet service, financial and operational support demands.
- Strategically oversees carrier services and dedicated delivery processes. Partner with support staff to ensure compliance with all DOT regulations.
- Effectively utilize training programs to develop sales and operations expertise within the facility.
- Act as liaison to functional leadership to ensure customer satisfaction and problem resolution. Coordinate and communicate effectively with all company departments.
- Develop annual operating budgets in support of the corporate financial goals and responsible for P&L management. Complete cost justification and determine ROI.
- Achieves cost control through productivity of personnel, efficient utilization of facility space and proper protection of stored materials. Ensure accurate inventory levels and prevent shrinkage.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.