The position works closely with the call Center Team, Inventory Control Team, all Business Units and the Shipping Team. Although the location of the position is in Newton, NJ, from time to time it may be required to undertake duties at other Thorlabs locations.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for maintenance and release of sales orders to the shipping department through the RF Smart System.
- Monitor Ship Complete Orders to release upon completion.
- Work closely with Inventory Department to resolve discrepancies.
- Work with Call Center Department to review orders as necessary.
- Ensure continuous work flow of orders to the shipping department.
- Work closely with personnel from each business unit to ensure same day delivery orders.
- Recommend process improvement regarding standard policies & procedures to ensure adequate flow of all customers' orders.
- Cross train in Call Center, Inventory and Shipping.
- This position requires to work one Saturday per month from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Previous warehouse, sales and inventory control experience.
- Associated degree or equivalent work experience, a plus.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal, organization and follow-through skills.
- Ability to work under stress/self-starter
- Excellent trouble shooting skills.
- Proficiency in basic computer use (MS Office) and communication tools.
- Possess superior analytic skills to investigate and resolve inventory errors and/or discrepancies.
- Outstanding attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Strong interpersonal skills; strong ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- MPR experience.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.