The Purchaser Planner is responsible for but not limited to: planning, forecasting and inventory management for the assigned Business Unit, as well as, scheduling and scheduling workload. Responsibilities of the planning/purchasing position will include, purchasing consumables and project work to reduce costs and improve processes, as well as, ongoing vendor evaluations in accordance with ISO 9001 requirements. Works under general supervision.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Purchasing (Daily purchasing, expediting, date and data management)
- Planning (Daily printing, scheduling/ re-scheduling/ date management)
- Product Availability and Lead Time calculation
- Review document and data. Assist documentation control as necessary.
- Initiates and participates in purchasing improvement and cost reduction programs
- Generate special and periodic reports as required or directed
- Inventory Control and Inventory Planning (Safety Stock, forecast, build/order size)
- Vendor Relationship Management
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a similar position.
- High School Diploma or equivalent or equivalent work experience
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere, and comply with high quality standards.
- Strong ability to shift from one task to another to address changing production priorities.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.