Warehouse Integration Engineer
This position is based in Thorlabs headquarters (Newton, NJ). The position is responsible for reviewing and refining our existing order cycle process. The position will be responsible for helping to digitize and automate the process using the best industry practices and standards. The position will oversee the order cycle process from picking, packing, and shipping and will interface with the freight careers to optimize speed, efficiency, and delivery process. In addition, the position will be responsible to interface with Information Technology teams (IT, ERP, Ecommerce) to align and integrate our existing and future processes and automation. The position will work directly with Logistics, shipping, and customer service team to understand and improve the process and technologies currently in use. The position will be responsible for documentation and reporting of the current input and output and play a vital role in project management and review of the contracts and services. Since the position will be interfacing with internal and external customers they will carry themselves in a customer-centric and professional manner at all times.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the day-to-day activity of the existing order process cycle
- Review existing order process, document and refine as necessary
- Perform Analysis of operations, workflows, and packaging processes to provide solutions to maximize efficiency and reduce waste.
- Assist Packaging sites with developing and implementing process improvements and technology upgrades that help with minimizing costs and production issues.
- Assist with building process flow models to predict bottlenecks and resources needed for order processing
- Help support the conceptual and detailed design and testing of the automation process
- Prepares presentations and technical reports.
- Understand the architecture and data flow of various interconnected systems
- Provide well-defined and documented business technology solutions
- Debug, troubleshoot, and resolve problems across multiple systems and applications
- Identify solutions that improve both the business and technical users' experience and productivity
- Create dashboards and various reports showing systems and applications KPIs
- Work WCS Development team to support the Software Development Life Cycle process
- Directs planning meetings with the different warehouses, manufacturing operational groups, and supply chain to ensure project coordination from a logistical perspective
- Manages the inbound and outbound process to ensure the software supports our customers' requirements
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience and understanding of the Order process life cycle
- Experience with order process automation and integration
- Experience with Enterprise ERP systems (MS Dynamics etc)
- Experience with automation, packaging equipment, specifications, qualification/validation process, product/package stability, and packaging components
- Problem-Solving skills – Anticipates and resolves complex problems.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction
- Ability to work across boundaries (functional, geographic, external company, etc).
- Thorough technical understanding of the quality systems and regulatory requirements,
- Project management experience
- Ability to prioritize, plan and delegate tasks
- knowledge of MS Office products
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based and high-speed environment
- Ability to work weekends and/or travel internationally on occasion
- Demonstrable ability to lead and manage projects
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- 5+ years of proven experience in Distribution logistics, Order process life cycle, Order process automation, Enterprise ERP systems, and System Integrations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent with a focus on Order process automation and Integration.