At HD Supply, we understand that military service develops an appreciation for hard work, relentless focus, and trust between associates. These are core principles that influence the way we do business, as we always seek to be first choice for our customers, associates, suppliers and the communities in which we operate. If you're ready to find a rewarding career and achieve your full potential with a growing industry leader, HD Supply (powered by The Home Depot) is ready for you!
HD Supply Offers our Warehouse Team Amazing Benefits:
• Monday - Friday Schedule (No Weekends!)
• Competitive Pay
• Benefits Eligibility after 90 days (Medical, Life, Dental, Vision, 401k)
• 15 Days of Paid Time Off (Vacation, Personal, Floating Holidays, Wellness Day)
• Sick Leave
• Opportunities for Biannual Performance and/or Referral Bonuses
• Opportunities for Career Advancement and Personal Growth
Responsible for specialized warehouse tasks in receiving, inventory, customer service, and/or order processing.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Receives, counts and records shipment data into the system. Matches packing list information to actual packed merchandise. Prepares packages/merchandise for storage.
- Record receiving data using computer.
- Pack, unpack, and mark stock items, using identification tag, stamp, or electronic marking tool or other labeling equipment
- Identify incorrect/short shipped items and immediately notify supervisor.
- Deliver products, supplies, and equipment to designated area. May operate forklift or other machinery in order to complete tasks.
- Verify computations against physical count of stock. Examine and inspect stock items for wear and defects.
- Maintains condition of work area (i.e. free of trash, product in correct location, etc.). Follows company safety policies and procedures and encourages other associates to do the same.
- May perform order layout and make changes to carriers or picking method. Performs other duties as assigned.
Nature and Scope
- Refers complex, unusual problems to supervisor.
- Under general supervision, exercises some judgment in accordance with well-defined policies, procedures, and techniques. Work typically involves regular review of output by a senior coworker or supervisor.
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes, moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds in a physical environment. Ability to stand for periods of time up to and exceeding 60 minutes. Ability to make repetitive movements, such as using a 10-key or calculator, bending, or squatting.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- HS Diploma or GED strongly preferred. Specialized skills training/certification may be required. Generally 2-5 years of experience in area of responsibility.