Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Position Summary: Responsible for the setup, adjustment, and operation of CNC Laser Cutting Machine to produce component parts in accordance to engineering drawings, internal sketches, or other specifications provided by engineering.
Essential Job Duties:
- Sets-up CNC Laser Cutting Machine with pre-existing programs.
- Uses the appropriate gauge metal required for the job; form the product according to the directives.
- Transports raw materials and finished metal products safely by using manual hoists and other devices provided.
- Inspects all manufactured production parts after they come off of the tables. Ensures all cuts and parts comply with print specifications and Quality Standards.
- Maintains awareness and understanding of the fabrication sequence being performed and the steps involved in the process to completion.
- Meets all timelines on products being fabricated.
- Monitors machine progress and responds to fault conditions accurately.
- Unloads and organizes cut products.
- Removes scrap materials from table and drawers as necessary.
- Makes adjustments to the computerized system when required.
- Loads and unloads machine safely.
- Interprets complicated drawings, program sheets, instructions, and process sheets to determine work to be done.
- Performs diversified operations on numerical control cutting centers.
Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions, such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Performs a variety of inspection and gauging operations to ensure maintenance of quality standards and specifications.
- Maintains continuous focus, as set-ups require very tight tolerances.
- Measures work piece for conformance to specifications.
- Notifies supervisor of discrepancies.
- Performs system transactions to allocate raw material to work orders.
- Troubleshoots operatonal problems, engaging coaches, engineering, and equipment manufacturer support as necessary.
- Clean machine, tooling, and parts, and perform daily preventative machine maintenance. Must maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Be knowledgeable of and practice all safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Preferred: 3 Years CNC experience in a manufacturing environment.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and complete necessary production forms. Ability to speak effectively with fellow employees and/or customers.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, schedule, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables; problem solving ability.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, sit, use hands/arms. The employee is regularly required to talk, hear at conversational level, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift/move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift/move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift/move up to 50 pounds. Moving/lifting greater than 50 pounds requires assistance from another employee or a lifting device/hoist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, outside weather conditions, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Required Personal Protective Equipment: Employee is required to wear proper safety eyewear, hearing protection, and steel-toed shoes at all times while on the plant floor.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.