Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
With technology offerings constantly changing, it can be difficult for senior managers to understand how effective the latest innovations will help support their company's goals. In the past, IT teams acted as service centers to develop products on request. However, newer models utilize IT business partners to anticipate proactively a firm's technology needs and manage the delivery of these IT solutions.
IT business partners will hold regular meetings with stakeholders throughout the company to understand the specific goals of the overall business and individual departments. These professionals will then translate those needs into technology requirements for IT development. As a result of this close relationship, IT business partner will become the main point of contact for the local business and lead local IT business application teams.
After a new technology is successfully delivered, the IT Business Partner will also be responsible for ensuring that end users understand how to use these new tools and resolve any issues they may encounter. Another important task is to relay any feedback to technology teams.
- Leads implementation projects focused on creating a business solution for sales, marketing, and customer interfaces within the customer relationship management technology platforms.
- Responsible for all aspects of project management working with diverse business groups on solutions that work within the corporate infrastructure and the needs of the individual business unit.
- Takes full responsibility for the successful execution of all deliverables for assigned project tasks including personal deliverables as well as those of sub-project managers.
- Deliver quality assurance including performing risk assessments and implementing corrective processes or actions encompassing cross-system, cross-project, and cross-team efforts (i.e. conflict mitigation).
- Span of quality assurance includes the full development lifecycle (i.e. effort intake through post go-live deployment.
- Demonstrate practice of organizational change management throughout all processes and changes.
- Ensure that appropriate mitigation tactics are in place to manage business, financial and technical risks of assigned projects.
- Ensure alignment with customers and stakeholders expectations during all phases of assigned projects.
- This includes regular communication with stakeholders regarding project milestones, budget, risks, and issues, as well as active management of customer expectations.
- Develop and maintain KPIs, risk measurement tools, and other items required to manage the effective delivery of all Target Systems projects.
- 4 year degree is required plus 7 years experience.
- SAP experience is required
- ERP experience is required
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.