Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The Timken Company is seeking a Quality Engineer for their Tyger River Plant in Union, South Carolina.
Purpose and Scope
The Quality Engineer is instrumental in assuring product conforms to internal & external requirements, and will support the quality system, procedure maintenance, continuous improvement, and new procedure implementation.
Must be "hands-on" oriented, capable of developing & owning project plans, and be willing to work on the factory floor to execute and deliver these plans. A well rounded individual who has an understanding of engineering, quality and lean principles in addition to excellent communication skills.
- Help coordinate gauging and quality projects to improve product quality/reliability, improve factory output, reduce costs, or imrpove OTD.
- Write and revise procedures to comply with ISO 9001.
- Support continuous improvement activities, work to improve the quality of the process through reduction of variation and elimination of waste.
- Create, track performance, and analyze and report out quality metric trends and recommendations.
- Review and assure all customer quality complaints are addressed in a timely manner and with cause and corrective action to prevent recurrence.
- Train and update associates on changes to work instructions, standard work, and procedures, as needed.
- Strong understanding of Timken's TQMS modules and applications, drive integration within internal procedures, systems, and metrics where applicable.
- Strong understanding of PDCA (plan, do check, act) thinking process to drive root cause problem solving.
- Provide internal and external customer support, handle on-site customer visits and audits, provide customer technical support, customer regulatory support, new customer process approvals, and defect evaluation.
- BS or BEng in Engineering, or related field
- Programming Skills: Python, C/C++, Java, Objective-C, HTML, MySQL
- 2 to 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment or related field
- Experience in the bearing industry
- Experience in precision machining and/or grinding
- ASQ Certification
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.