Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
H&N Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services LLC, is seeking a Machinist for the Pasco, WA site. The Machinist is responsible for setting up and operating a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments for the repair and maintenance of a variety of equipment. The Machinist will fabricate and modify parts utilizing lathe and other specialty machines to ensure parts meet specifications for the repair of a variety of equipment. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
- Perform machining operations such as turning, drilling, tapping, boring, and conventional milling and lathe work, using various engine lathes and horizontal and vertical mills and horizontal boring mills
- Perform various metalizing (metal spraying) techniques as needed
- Perform various welding operations, including setup and use of MIG, TIG, torch, and stick welders
- Perform other duties as directed, including, but not limited to; parts washing, shop clean up, and mechanical work
- Record all data necessary to produce expected service and/or design results, including sizing and illustrations
- Use measuring devices such as micrometers and calipers with techniques to assure proper sizing and accurate readings of parts
- Balance mechanical assemblies using dynamic balancing equipment
- Set up and perform tool-post grinding operations (e.g., precision surface facing), broaching procedures, and babbitt bearing work
- Use various hand-held and stationary power and non-power tools, including, but not limited to: band saws, belt sanders, hand grinders, files, etc.
- Lift, tighten, adjust, and/or secure heavy objects in order to perform work and/or to observe safety precautions
- Operate overhead cranes
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective gear (especially eye and ear protection)
- Keep work area neat and clean
- Assist other machinists and shop departments with skilled or non-skilled duties as directed by supervisor or shop manager
- Use Micrometer for getting accurate measurements
- Use Lathe and Mill material to specification
- Must be capable of holding 0.0005" machining tolerances with a variety of equipment.
- Research proper specifications of parts through various resources (EASA, Manufacturer)
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 3+ years of applicable experience
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- Understand, perform, and retain various skill-related training and operational and safety procedures
- Work well independently and with others in a team effort
- Able and willing to work weekends and/or overtime as needed
This full-time position is eligible to participate in the company's short-term incentive program, paid time off plan, 401k, and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision. Qualified candidates can apply for this position by clicking on the link located in the job posting at www.careers.timken.com.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.