Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This role assists with all aspects of U.S. international tax compliance reporting directly to the Sr. Manager International Tax. The candidate must have solid analytical and interpersonal skills, along with great attention to detail. The candidate must also demonstrate a willingness to learn and can learn and apply new concepts quickly. Experience with U.S. corporate income taxation required. Experience with outbound U.S. international taxation preferred, but not required.
The Tax team is willing to train the right candidate and help establish a career in U.S. corporate taxation.
- Assist with U.S. international tax compliance: Preparation of Forms 5471, 8858, 8865, and 1118 to ensure compliance with U.S. tax law, including Subpart F, foreign tax credits, E&P calculations and the new requirements pursuant to U.S. Tax Reform like GILTI, BEAT and FDII. Implement and improve processes for the future. Involves the successful delegation to other members of the global tax team.
- Assist in the preparation of the Company's non-U.S. quarterly and annual tax provision: Work closely with other global tax team members to ensure timely and accurate preparation of ASC 740 income tax calculations (annual tax provisions) for foreign affiliates. Includes review of current and deferred income taxes and effective tax rate inputs.
- Assist with other key international tax calculations: Provide support for other corporate tax projects and processes as needed as directed by other global tax team members.
- Assist with tax audits and related matters: (income tax, transfer pricing and other). Assist with the preparation of tax authority information requests and liaising with tax authorities in coordination with other global tax team members.
Technical/Functional Skills :
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail required
- Balance of tax technical knowledge with practical application of tax rules
- Focus on process improvement and internal controls
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Proficient with Excel, Word, SAP, OneStream and OneSource
- Great work ethic and integrity
- Ability to travel as necessary - none required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Master's degree in Taxation, Accounting, Finance or MBA preferred
- At least 2 years corporate tax experience in industry and/or public accounting firm, including technical knowledge of, and experience with, U.S. multinational entities.
- Experience with US GAAP ASC 740 and SEC regulations required
- CPA or MST preferred
- Experience with software programs such as SAP, OneSource, HFM, and OneStream preferred.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.