Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Wazee Crane, a division of Timken Motor and Crane, has an opening for a Welder/Fabricator at the Broomfield, CO site. The Welder/Fabricator is responsible for welding, fabrication, and assembling of overhead bridge cranes. This position reports into the Manufacturing Supervisor.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- AWS (D.1.1, D14.1 a plus) certified in MIG/FCAW and SMAW/stick, all positions; TIG aluminum a plus
- Able to work in a shop environment using overhead cranes, and various shop tools consistent with steel fabrication (shear, saws, punches, drill press, etc.)
- Able to read and understand blueprints with dimensions and tolerancing
- Able to lay out, cut, fit, and weld with minimal supervision
- Able to work safely around moving machinery
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Work overtime/weekends, as required
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- Strong mechanical skills
- Basic math skills
- Able and willing to follow direction and work independently
- Maintain a positive attitude; is a team player and works well with others
- Owns/has access to a working set of basic tools required for welder/fitter position
- High school degree, required
- Associate degree or trade school certificate in welding, preferred
- 2 years of work experience with similar types of equipment in a manufacturing environment, preferred
The hourly compensation for this role is $21-$32 per hour, and is commensurate on experience and education, and could pay more or less than the posted range. This full-time position is eligible to participate in the company's short-term incentive program, paid time off plan, 401k, and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision. Qualified candidates can apply for this position by clicking on the link located in the job posting at www.careers.timken.com.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.