As part of the TLS team, the Planner will manage the manufacturing planning process for finished goods and sub-assemblies. This will be done by planning and managing optimum use of resources and materials in a way that will successfully assure customer orders are completed accurately, on time, and at the agreed upon quoted price.
The location of the position is in Rochester, NY.
Essential Job Functions include the following, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and execute complete work order process according to customer-required delivery dates, e.g.
create and manage jobs, routers, and bills of materials according to schedule production for all product orders.
- Maintain production plan for the assigned product lines by available capacity.
- Issue production orders daily to the production floor based upon components and capacity availability.
- Keep track and maintain production lead time for sub-assemblies and finished goods.
- Recognize, comprehend, and implement business practices in a constantly changing work environment (multitasking capability is required).
- Regularly communicate with Purchasing, Operations, and Engineering personnel to ensure customer requirements and deadlines are being met.
- Identify and implement business enhancements, such as analysing variances between planned production schedule and actual, the adjusting accordingly.
- Minimum 5 years of planning and/or scheduling experience preferably in Manufacturing. Optical Manufacturing, a plus.
- High School Graduate; Secondary Education Preferred
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong sense of ownership
- Process oriented
- Ability to think systemically
- Ability to plan and schedule products with multi-level Bill of Materials
- Experience with complex planning and forecasting
- Proficiency in ERP/MRP systems, preferably Syteline
- Strong ability to work well in a group atmosphere and comply with high quality standards.
Thorlabs values its diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status. Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.