Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This position is responsible for grinding of rollers during manufacturing. Grinding rollers using a centerless grinding machine, proper set-up of grinding machine(s) including all adjustments necessary, dressing the wheels either manual or programmed, to run product to spec. Manual load of work pieces to and from feed and output. Transportation and setup of tooling, equipment and materials to and from work areas. Perform machine preventative maintenance. Measure output for size using micrometers and cylindricty and finish using contact tracing equipment. Detailed visual checks for surface defects and dimensional conformance to size using micrometers. Safety and attention to detail to prevent injury to self and others. Scheduling workflow through the area to meet schedule commitment.
- The position shall be responsible for operating precision machining equipment including determining correct set-up to achieve the desired roller size and geometry as determined from the engineering drawing requirements
- Be responsible for performing routine machine maintenance
- Be responsible for performing precision inspections using micrometers and other high tech inspection equipment such as the Mitutoyo Contracer and Taylor Hobson tally Round
- Be responsible for scheduling work through the area and reporting the output and projected finish times
- Cross training in Crowning
- High School-Grad equivalent of general diploma with 1+ years in Machine Operator/Precision Inspection or related
- Completely familiar with reading engineering drawings and interpreting dimension and tolerance standards
- Capable of performing shop math to calculate the machine set-up parameters
- Proficient in the use of Excel and word
- Must be able to handle heavy Grinding and Regulator Wheels with bending and stretching
- Possess mechanical ability to dis-assemble and re-assemble the machine during set-up changes
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.