Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies (ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX; Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN; and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team capable of meeting our business goals.
The plant sanitation supervisor will be responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring the plant sanitation program and policies to ensure compliance with the FDA and state and local health and food safety regulations. This position will work closely with plant management, engineering, maintenance and production to make sure the plant stays compliant with the GFSI standard and FSMA. This position will provide input regarding sanitary design of new installation or the relocation of existing installations. The plant sanitation supervisor will be required to interact with external entities such as Regulatory Officials from the FDA, USDA and third party vendors.
- Sustain Programs and Policies: develop, implement and monitor plant sanitation and hygiene program policies to ensure compliance and support business objectives
- Develop SSOP
- Administration Sanitation Program: responsible for developing and recommending corrective action where environmental and health hazards exist. Identify, monitor, correct and eliminate gaps between the plant practice and sanitation policies
- This position will conduct audits, evaluate, teach and train to improve plant sanitation
- This position is responsible for monitoring housekeeping and hygiene standards in laboratory and other analytical areas in addition to the production areas within the manufacturing facilities.
- Provide direction as needed to correct and/or eliminate any potential sanitation concern.
- Food Safety Requirements: the plant sanitation supervisor will ensure the Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory compliance standards are being met throughout the performance of the day to day duties. These standards include but are not limited to: GFSI, FSMA, GMPs and HAACP/Food Safety
- Act as an in house subject matter expert for the plant related to sanitation related applications.
- This position will advise manufacturing engineering and other operations personnel on decisions related to food safety and sanitary design.
- Provide regular updates to the plant manager on trends across the plant network to drive the action necessary to meet quality and food safety compliance objectives.
- Trains and manages the sanitation team.
- Responsible for developing, training and monitoring food safety programs that support the sanitation and food safety in the plant. See below as an example but not a comprehensive list.
- Master Sanitation
- Monthly Self-Inspections
- Glass Control
- Pest Control
- Environmental Monitoring
- Allergen Program
- Wood Policy
- Filter procedure
- Must be able to climb stairs, sit and stand for long periods; type for long periods of time.
- Good Listening Skills; Public speaking abilities to communicate with both hourly and salaried personnel.
- Must be able to perform root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Must be able to continuously learn and adapt to changes in the overall business relative to oils and oil processing.
Stratas Foods is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any applicant or employee in any manner prohibited by law, including but not limited to, on the basis of race or color, religion, gender, age, genetic information, national origin/ancestry, mental or physical disability, family status/marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, and any other legally protected status.