Stratas Foods LLC is the leading supplier of fats and oils to the Foodservice, Food Ingredients and Retail Private Label markets in North America and is a producer of quality bulk and packaged dressings, mayonnaise and sauces. Stratas Foods was formed in October 2008 as a 50/50 joint venture between ACH Food Companies (ACH) and Archer Daniels Midland (ADM).
Manufacturing facilities are located in Dallas and Houston, TX; Decatur and Quincy, IL; Englewood, NJ; Fresno, CA; Nashville, TN; and Valdosta, GA. Corporate offices are located in Memphis, TN. We are committed to maintaining a progressive workplace by utilizing the ideas, skills and talents of all of our employees. We strive to make Stratas Foods a great place to work and are building a team capable of meeting our business goals.
With leadership from the Plant Manager, this position is responsible for the safe and effective use of all maintenance employees and the resources necessary to support the entire 24/7 manufacturing operation. Safety, electro-mechanical, housekeeping, GMP standards, problem solving ability as well as good employee relations are considered key elements to success.
- Job Hazard Analysis and safety compliance
- Purchase of spare parts using the PO system
- Ability to perform mechanical, electrical, pipefitting, and rigging duties
- Train personnel in proper safety and operation techniques
- Execute maintenance plans according to the work schedule
- Prioritize shift work, while properly assigning shift resources to effectively utilize employee experience, training and ability
- Ensure the safety of all personnel through compliance with occupational safety and health regulations
- Provide employees with resources, in good working order, to safely perform work and provide necessary training
- Recognize environmental, safety, and GMP hazards and takes actions to ensure the hazards are eliminated
- Address employee concerns and maintains good communications and morale on shift and within department
- Work with employees to develop a high level of job proficiency. Analyze maintenance performance and work to improve efficiencies
- Provide positive reinforcement when employees are observed producing good results and safe performance
- Maintain discipline within the shift and documents unusual or unacceptable behaviors for the department manager
- Responsible for development of maintenance employees in assigned areas. Proactively engage in the development & training of hourly labor
- Provide management of employees directly to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management
- Collaborate with the maintenance planners, scheduler, maintenance manager, department engineers, and other facility management to utilize equipment to improve employee safety, production quality, equipment reliability, and overall equipment effectiveness
- Ensure corporate policies and standards are followed in the execution of daily maintenance activities
- Maintain and supervise preventive maintenance schedules, inspections and repairs to minimize down time
- Assemble and submit accurate daily, weekly and other deliverable reports; ensure achievement of all area/shift KPIs
- Work from prints, diagrams, specification, and instructions covering emergency and scheduled repairs. Obtain materials as needed for emergency work.
- Maintain documentation and identify cost saving ideas
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Strong troubleshooting skills, able to drive to root cause analysis
- Utilize mechanical and electrical expertise to maintain production systems, utilities, buildings and grounds
- Ability to work any shift, weekend, and holidays to support a 24/7 operation
- Knowledge of the operations of plant air compressors and air dryers