Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose: Provide engineering expertise, project management, machine reliability planning, and leadership to the plant, focusing on new product program launches; developing and/or modifying plant production processes, production equipment, tooling, gauging, and in-process product designs to maximize production capacity, minimize manufacturing costs, drive continuous improvement, improve customer delivery and product quality, and assure associate safety.
- Process and Equipment Design - Design, implement, and document electrical modifications to plant manufacturing processes and associated production equipment to maximize production capacity, minimize manufacturing costs, improve product quality, and/or eliminate safety concerns. This includes machine tools, robotics and material handling systems.
- Project Management - Act as Project Manager for several major capital equipment programs for the plant (up to $5M). This could include writing equipment specifications, selecting supplier(s), negotiating, following equipment build, running off equipment, coordinating installation, debugging, and coordinating operator training.
- Management - Provide unified direction and technical vision for other associates in the plant.
- Leadership - Apply TMOS philosophy to manage design, documentation, and implementation activities of various internal (e.g., other engineers in plant and Corporate Groups) and external suppliers (e.g., Engineering Firms, Construction Companies, Rigging Companies, etc.) and act as technical expert in the plant on Industrial Automation processes. This would include direct contact with customers to establish product and process specifications and working with Plant Management to establish costing and pricing for current and new manufacturing processes.
- Engineering Expertise - Design, implement, and document new modifications to product, tooling, and gauging items. Train less experienced associates in plant on industrial controls. Coordinate design, documentation, and implementation activities of various internal resources (e.g.: other engineers in plant), and suppliers (e.g., Engineering Firms). Provide engineering expertise to Maintenance associates in diagnosing equipment failures and corrective actions to reduce equipment downtime and to maximize production efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent technical field
- 10 years Industrial Automation experience, including PLC, HMI, Industrial Controls, & Robotics
- Profiency with computers, Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and CAD Design packages
- CNC programming experience
- Variable frequency, DC Drive experience
- Servo Control Experience
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.