Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Purpose & Scope:
This position is located remotely within the assigned territory of the Western United States, preferably in California. The Western region consists of California, Washington, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Idaho, Utah, Montana, and Wyoming.
The Food & Beverage Specialist is responsible for leveraging Timken product and industry expertise to profitably grow our OEM, end user, and distributor sales via various business development strategies. Will partner with sales leadership to work with operations, business development, product management and marketing to influence and align with the Timken Food & Beverage growth strategy.
- Establish Business Development Plan for region as it pertains to Food & Beverage Market, drive and grow sales within region
- Engage with the regional team and drive awareness of Food and Beverage Market activity
- Drive branch programs in collaboration with Territory Managers, focus on end user value creation and drive joint sales calls
- Actively support corporate distribution programs by influencing stocking of core product range at distribution centers, managing pricing strategy to ensure competitiveness
- Provide sales support to existing and new OEM customers
- Serve as the product and application expert
- Collaborate heavily with Timken Product Managers to ensure product alignment and project advancement
- Serve as lead facilitator for product training on Timken F&B Solutions within territory defined
- Work with Territory Managers to map Food & Beverage market size based on product, industry, and geography
- Assist in identifying gaps in our product offering and prioritize future development opportunities
- Identify and provide customer feedback on areas of opportunities within markets
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, Marketing or similar with 7 years' experience in sales building long-term customer relationships
- Experience in Food & Beverage market strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience utilizing a CRM system
- Proficient in MS Office
- A self-leader with initiative and a strong bias to ethical action with integrity
- Position level will be dependent upon years of qualified, relevant experience and education
The hiring range for this position is $78K - $140K. The base pay offered may vary depending on the candidate's experience, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience, among other factors. The associate will also be eligible for variable pay as a part of our North American Sales Performance Plan.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.