Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The 1st shift Material Handler is responsible for receiving, preparing, and packaging product to ship to outside operations as well as assisiting with local truck pickups and deliveries.
Individuals in this role should have the ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, suppliers, and plant leadership. They should also posses a valid driver's license, up to date and valid automobile insurance and have a clean driving record. The Material Handler is a 1st shift position, with hours of 7:00 AM - 3:30 PM. Occassional overtime and weekends may be required.
- Package and label product ensuring accurate information and proper care for handling damage
- Help delivery drivers unload incoming product and then properly store the product
- Move materials using powered industrial equipment (truck, forklift, power pallet lifter, etc.)
- Drive Company vehicles to and from suppliers to pick up and deliver parts and supplies as assigned.
- Load and unload vehicles using necessary equipment.
- Make physical and visual inspections of vehicle to be used (truck, forklift, power pallet lifter, etc.). Make necessary adjustments and maintain all vehicle fluid levels.
- Report any unusual conditions at outside suppliers and/or during the operation of all vehicles to Lead Person or Supervisor.
- Count parts by hand and/or by weight.
- Read, interpret, and complete production forms.
- Perform any in shop functions when all required duties are completed as directed by Lead person or Supervisor.
General Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent; post-secondary or trades / technical education and certifications preferred
- Mechanical aptitude and shop math competencies
- Strong ability to follow written and verbal work instructions
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, suppliers, and plant leadership
- Valid Driver's License (CDL not required)
- Up to date and valid automobile insurance
- Clean Driving Record
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- STD and LTD
- Health savings account (with company provided contribution)
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Employee discount
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- ...and much more!
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.