Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
H&N Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services, is currently seeking a Lead Wind Technician for the Pasco, Washington site. The role of this position is to be the project lead for field service work. They are the primary contact for management and customers and will be partnered with training techs to develop strong skillsets. This position reports to the Field Services Supervisor.
- Serve as project lead
- Perform scheduled maintenance and general service on wind turbines
- Perform diagnostic electrical analysis
- Troubleshoot mechanical, hydraulic, electrical issues, and repair
- Train & Mentor entry-level technicians
- Maintain and inventory of issued tooling and equipment
- Complete and submit reports accurately and on-time
- Perform other skilled and non-skilled duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED equivalent; associates degree in a technical field preferred
- 5 years of experience completing up tower generator repairs to include: Bearing changes, Rotor Relead, AWA Electrical testing, Wye ring replacements
- 2 years of experience in a supervisory, leadership, or training role
- Extensive knowledge of multiple turbine platforms to include: GE, Vestas, Siemens
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Ability to understand, perform, and retain various skill-related training, operational and safety procedures
- Must be willing and able to travel 100% of the time
- Able and willing to work weekends and/or overtime as needed
- Work efficiently alone, as well as effectively within a team
- Valid driver's license; CDL preferred
Essential Functions/Work Environment:
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift up to 20 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Ability to climb towers unassisted up to 350 feet
- Able to frequently handle, move, and/or lift repetitive weight up to 50 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Eyeglasses/contacts may be worn to aid in the use of the vision essential functions
- Use both hands, arms, and fingers to feel, handle, grip, reach, and operate machinery
- Use both legs to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and operate machinery
- The noise level in the work environment is quiet to loud.
- The environmental conditionals may include wet/humid, cold/heat (non-weather), outdoor weather, fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, loud noises, and exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
The hourly compensation for this role is $33.00 - $39.00 per hour, and is commensurate on experience and education. Promotional opportunities are available upon skills development and mastery. Benefits start on your first day: Cost-sharing options for Medical, Dental, Vision. Company provided STD, LTD, and Basic Life Insurance with supplemental coverage available. 401(k) and/or Roth 401(k) participation and company match after one (1) month of employment plus quarterly Core Defined Contributions. Additional benefits such as: Work/Life Balance program, free Noom participation, and PayActiv Earned Wage Access. 10 paid holidays per year in addition to three ( 3) weeks of Paid Time Off per year (pro-rated on hire date during first year); accrual rates increase with years of service.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.