Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Timken Drive Systems & Services', Philadelphia Gear brand, has a current opening for an Electrical Technician. This position is responsible for supporting Engineering functions in back-office and project management. The incumbent will perform billable work in workshop and/ or on site to expand knowledge of the operation, design and repair of electric motors.
- Perform repair operation in assigned work area accurately, to internal quality standards, safely and efficiently.
- Perform physical work of electric motor repair to gain understanding and experience in the electric motor repair, operation, and testing.
- Perform billable work in workshop and/or on site.
- Interfaces with Operations, Engineering, QA team, and customer on repair operations.
- Learn software tools to improve personal effectiveness and/or the effectiveness of the department.
- Support customer service, sales, field service and manufacturing as required.
- Learn analytical thinking and problem solving in electric motor field.
- Assist local workshop with process evaluations and improvements.
- Design and expand software to improve report generation automation. Implement this software within TPS quality framework and training staff on use.
Technical/ Functional Skills:
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other features of MS office software
- Experience in electrical safety, electric motor operation and electric motor testing
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering
- 2 years' experience in electric motor repair/ testing or manufacturing industry
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.