Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
The 2nd Shift Centerless Grinder schedule is Monday - Friday, 3:30 PM - 12:00 AM, with overtime as required.
Centerless Grinder Responsibilities:
- Set-up and operate one or more centerless grinding machines to grind product to blueprint specifications adhereing to the safety, quality, and quantity standards of Timken Aurora Bearning Company.
- Perform all duties as assigned in a safe and efficient manner with an emphasis on quality. Follow Company and departmental procedures, including regular attendance and punctuality. Follow all safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition. Report any unusual conditions or situations to Lead Person or Supervisor.
- Mount and balance grinding and regulating wheel when needed, select and change work blade, thru-feed spacer, shims and various other features
- Calculate workblade height and set, adjust guides, diamond height and truing angles. Dress wheels, make all necessary lead adjustments. Set size, set track, set gauges, adjust speeds and feeds. Install machine guards in place as needed.
- Run 1st piece part, make necessary adjustments to attain quality characteristics per print specifications and complete necessary paperwork to attain a set-up approval.
- Load parts, cycle machine, check parts at designated intervals and make necessary adjustments to maintain quality characteristics of part per print specifications throughout machining operations.
- Box or rack parts. Demagnetize, wash, if required. Tag parts, complete all required paperwork including SPC charting.
Centerless Grinder Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent; post-secondary or trades / technical education and certifications preferred
- Mechanical aptitude and shop math competencies
- Ability to read blueprints and utilize gauging equipment preferred
- Strong ability to follow written and verbal work instructions
- Strong ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, suppliers, and plant leadership
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- STD and LTD
- Health savings account (with company provided contribution)
- Flexible spending account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Employee discount
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- ...and much more!
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.