Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
Wazee Crane, a division of Timken Motor and Crane, has an opening for a Welder/Fabricator at the Broomfield, CO site. The Welder/Fabricator is responsible for welding, fabrication, and assembling of overhead bridge cranes. This position reports into the Manufacturing Supervisor.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Lay out, cut, fit, and weld with minimal supervision
- Read and understand blueprints with dimensions and tolerancing
- Work in a shop environment using overhead cranes and various shop tools consistent with steel fabrication (shear, saws, punches, drill press, etc.)
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Understand, perform, and retain various skill-related training and operational and safety procedures
- Able and willing to perform a limited amount of work in the field
- Able and willing to work overtime and weekends as needed
- Perform other skilled and non-skilled tasks in the crane fabrication shop, not limited to electrical work
Knowledge and Technical Skills
- High school degree or GED equivalent, required
- Associate degree or trade school certificate in welding, preferred
- AWS (D.1.1, D14.1 a plus) certified in MIG/FCAW and SMAW/stick, all positions; TIG aluminum
- Two (2) years of work experience with similar types of equipment
- Experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment, preferred
- Strong mechanical skills
- Basic math skills
- Owns/has access to a working set of basic tools required for welder/fitter position
- Able and willing to follow direction
- Work accurately and efficiently
- Consistently meet short deadlines and long lead times
- Work with minimal supervision
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Work independently and contribute collaboratively to a team effort
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve
The hourly compensation for this role is $21-$32 per hour plus a $250 annual tool reimbursement, and is commensurate on experience and education, and could pay more or less than the posted range. This full-time position is eligible to participate in the company's short-term incentive program, paid time off plan, 401k, and comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision. Qualified candidates can apply for this position by clicking on the link located in the job posting at www.careers.timken.com.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.