Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
H&N Wind and Electric, a division of Timken Motor & Crane Services, is currently seeking a Journeyman Winder for the Pasco, Washington site. The role of the Journeyman Winder is to rewind various types of electro-mechanical equipment. This position reports into the Operations Manager.
- Inspect various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment for damage and evidence of electrical malfunctions
- Test condition of windings according to EASA standards
- Illustrate and/or document all relevant data specific to unit's electro-magnetic characteristics, operating conditions, existing damage, or intended serviceability
- Dismantle and/or strip damaged or unserviceable electro-mechanical equipment
- Prepare all reusable parts for rewinding and inspect renewed parts for hidden, structural damage, or unusual conditions
- Rewind various kinds of electro-mechanical equipment, including, but not limited to: single-phase, three-phase, DC fields, armatures, wound rotors, and synchronous fields
- Observe proper insulating techniques and/or requirements during rewinding
- Test rewound electro-mechanical equipment according to EASA standards and document test results
- Operate specialized repair and testing equipment, including, but not limited to: winding machines, test panels, surge testers, core-loss testers, cut-off saws, burnout ovens, bake ovens, grinders, cranes, forklift trucks, brazing units, dip tanks, VPI systems, and various hand-held power and non-power tools
- Observe all safety procedures and use proper protective equipment
- Maintain clean and neat work area
- Complete required paperwork for each job accurately and on a timely basis
- Assist other winders or shop personnel in skilled or non-skilled duties
- Perform other skilled and/or non-skilled duties as directed
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required
- Basic mechanical aptitude
- 3 years of electric rewind experience required; 5 preferred
- Understand, perform, and retain various skill-related training and operational and safety procedures
- Work well independently and with others in a team effort
- Able and willing to work weekends and/or overtime as needed
The hourly compensation for this role is $26.00 - $34.00 per hour, and is commensurate on experience and education. Promotional opportunities are available upon skills development and mastery. Benefits start on your first day: Cost-sharing options for Medical, Dental, Vision. Company provided STD, LTD, and Basic Life Insurance with supplemental coverage available. 401(k) and/or Roth 401(k) participation and company match after one (1) month of employment plus quarterly Core Defined Contributions. Additional benefits such as: Work/Life Balance program, free Noom participation, and PayActiv Earned Wage Access. 10 paid holidays per year in addition to three ( 3) weeks of Paid Time Off per year (pro-rated on hire date during first year); accrual rates increase with years of service.
Qualified candidates can apply for this position by clicking on the link located in the job posting at www.careers.timken.com.
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.