Your Career Begins at Timken
If you're ready for a challenging career that provides you with the ability to advance personally and professionally, look to Timken. Our associates make the world more productive by improving the efficiency and reliability of the machinery that keeps industry in motion.
This Key Position, reporting to the onsite Human Resources Manager, provides Human Resources Generalist support to the Springfield Manufacturing and Technology Centers. Reponsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following: Full cycle recruitment, including sourcing, selecting, onboarding and developing talent; Compensation and Benefits support for salaried and hourly associates; Employee Relations issues and concerns; Human Resource services, policies, and procedures relevant to the Company's obligations to its associates; and Legal and Regulatory compliance.
Essential Functions of the position:
- Ensure compliance with all statutory, federal and regulatory guidelines and mandates
- Communicate and resolve associate concerns regarding bargaining and non-bargaining issues and concerns
- Serve as liaison for Corporate representatives and internal / external business partners and agencies
- Hold information sessions to educate associates on Total Rewards; Supplemental benefits programs; and other enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Maintain accurate and timely records to generate HR function and plant leadership reports, such as workforce performance management; recruitment; and other metric-driving presentations.
- Provide support to Human Resources Manager on various projects, including but not limited to, plant communications; responding to daily inquiries from current and retired associates; managing maintenance of associate communications tools such as Benefits and Wellness Information Boards; Posting job bids and awarding of jobs; and Coordinating associate events and celebrations (e.g. plant holiday events, service awards, seasonal events, etc.).
- Promote Company values and provide administrative support and documentation for new hires, transfers, promotions, terminations and co-ops.
- Drive Talent Management strategies by participating in panel interviews and other talent acquisition activities, such as job fairs and campus recruitment events.
- Represent the Company in enterprise-wide activities (e.g. United Way campaign) and the Timken Foundation; and local community sponsored events, such as Chamber of Commerce, Manufacturing associations; etc.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in human resource management; organizational management; human behaviour; psychology; and/or other related field
- Working knowledge of payroll management systems KRONOS, ADP, SAP, Microsoft Office (Excel) and Outlook
- HR Generalist experience of three plus years; extertise in any HR Discipline (Employment / Labor Relations; Talent Management/Recruitment; Compensation & Benefits; WC & EHS; Training and Development; and HRIS.
- Experience in union manufacturing environment preferred
All qualified applicants shall be treated equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences and other employment standards. There will be no discrimination due to gender or gender identity, race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran/military status or any other basis protected by applicable law.